BEING A STUDENT AT METU 


          To start with, being a student at METU is an invaluable experience for me. I had some good reasons to attend this university. For instance; I want to prepare for a career and learn about some particular subjects in depth. And also I want to make friends whom I can trust and build strong friendships which last lifelong to have a much better life than ordinary people have. I think we are not ordinary because we got accepted to a world-famous university as METU.
I am happy about being at METU in many ways. To begin with; accomodation conditions in dormitories are pretty good for me. I think these conditions meet all needs of students.
Freedom is one of the most common characteristics of METU. Everybody is free to do whatever they want provided that they don’t interfere with other students’ rights. I liked this characteristic, too.
METU’s campus zone is also very attractive. Forested area percentage is quite high on campus and I think this is so important in terms of the students’ oxygen requirement.
Teachers and elder students are genuine and helpful to the new students. Nearly most of the teachers are expert in their own branches and this makes METU a prestigious university.
Although METU has a very large campus, transportation is so easy with Ring Services. I think this is also one of the outstanding easiness’ of METU.
Being a student at METU is challenging for me in two ways. First one is bad weather conditions. In winter, weathers can be so harsh and I cope with this challenge wearing tightly. Second is known by every METU students. This one is the difficulty of passing the lessons. I think this is a normal situation because here is METU. Because of this, I study hard to overcome this situation.
Consequently, being a student at METU has more advantages than it’s disadvantages so that I am not regretful for coming here and I love my university!

2 yorum:

ÖZLEM DOĞAN dedi ki...

**...learn about some particular...= prep
** ...in depth.And also... = frag
** ...whom I can trust... =missing prep
**... accomodation conditions... = spelling
**... wearing tightly. = non-idiom
**...than it's disadvantages = punc

Dear Nurullah;
Content of your journal is so good. You spoke about being a student at METU. You are happy about being here but sometimes it is challenging for you. Sentences in each paragraph are about the same topic. also there are supporting sentences and relevant examples. So your journal has coherence and unity. You used connectory effectively. As to your language use, there are some mistakes. First of all, you need to revise your preposition use.For example; in first paragraph, you said "i want to....learn about.." There is no need "about" here, also you need to revise your spelling and punctuation use.Besides, you can use another word instead of "tightly". However, your journal is quite good and well-organized. I liked reading it. Good job!

Unknown dedi ki...

Dear Ozlem,
Thanks for your comment :)

Yorum Gönder

Blogger tarafından desteklenmektedir.