Article Reflection 2: I Surf, Therefore I Am


I Surf, Therefore I Am


In this article “I Surf, Therefore I Am”, there is a teacher called Judith Levine states her ideas about students’ using Internet on their homeworks. I also want to reflect this subject because the Internet using is so common nowadays and it is so familiar to me, too. The author of the article argues that there are significant limits to the power of the Internet. She tells that her students do not use the Internet  in order to read or do research. They don’t do their homeworks orderly or read scholarly articles either. She says that her students use the Internet in order to do only surf. Also she thinks that they are like trash fish and it is hard fort hem to tell a dead one-legged crab from a healthy sea bass. Scant on the world knowledge and critical thinking skills, they are ill-equipped to interpret or judge the so-called facts that they insert into their papers confidently but in no discernible order. For example, one of her students does his homework without even knowing what he is talking about just as copying and pasting from the Internet. She also gives many other examples like this one. I think she is right about this fact and I agree with her on the point that Internet is harmful when it is used out of the aim which points the right aspects for doing homeworks. Because Internet has a wide world which holds so many kinds of information, I think it has very negative effects unless the students know how to use it effectively. These information that is ready in the Internet also consists useful ones. We can say that it has current information and somehow positive effects on doing homeworks. All in all, Internet is both harmful and beneficial according to the users’ use, especially the students. This article is written in such a good way and I find the author’s ideas so logical and perfect.

0 yorum:

Yorum Gönder

Blogger tarafından desteklenmektedir.